Having an antivirus solution installed on our devices is the need of the hour because the online platform is where we spend most of the time nowadays. We all are aware of the fact that viruses and threats have become more sophisticated. With this thing having a rapid pace, we need to keep pace with our security solutions as well. But have you ever thought if there is no antivirus solution on our devices, then how come on earth we are going to protect our systems and data.
Thankfully, we can deploy Norton on our devices because it has all those essential security features that our device needs. Now, a thing will come to a user’s mind that he is going to set it up on his device. Well, there is a simple solution to this problem. Here, the product key plays a major role. Without having a product key, you will not be able to use the purchased product. In short, we can say that actually you do not pay for the antivirus package but for the product key itself.
What is a Norton Product key?
Now a question that keeps troubling many users is what is the product key and why does one need it. So the answer to this simple question is it is a 25-digit activation code that you require at the time of downloading the Norton Products and while activating them. You either receive it in the mailbox of your registered email address or you will find it at the backside of the retail card. This code ensures that you are using a licensed and authentic product. Also, note that you need it at the time of renewing your subscription or reinstalling the product.
Steps to install Norton using product key
Follow the steps given below to install Norton with product key and here’s how you can do it:
- First of all, sign in to your Norton account or register to create a new one.
- When the “Get Started” page of Norton opens, click on the “Download Norton” option.
- For using an unregistered product key, click on Enter a new product key.
- Now, enter the activation code and click on the “Go arrow”.
- Furthermore, follow some prompts displaying on the screen.
- Consecutively, click on the “Agree & Download” button to continue the process.
- Upon choosing the product that you wish to download, click “Next”.
- You may also choose to install the Norton product on another device. For doing this, click “Send a Download Link”.
- Now, choose from the following options depending upon your web browser:
- Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge– click “Run”.
- Firefox or Safari- click on the “Download” option to view a list of recently downloaded files. Double-click on the Norton file to download it.
- Chrome- double-click on the file present on the bottom-left corner.
- Choose the “Continue” option when the User Account Control window appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and your Norton product is now installed and activated for the ultimate usage.
If you are having trouble while completing the process to install Norton with the product key, then you may seek expert assistance. For more updates regarding Norton, you should be a regular visitor at www.norton.com/setup so that you do not miss out on anything important.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- norton.com/setup.