For those who do not know what is Norton Product Tamper Protection and its benefits? It is a feature that builds a defensive fortress for the Norton product files so that the files can stay protected from virus attacks, modifications by any virus or other unknown threats that have the potential to destroy the data and device. You can always protect your data and device from accidental virus modifications or deletion of data by keeping enabling the Norton Product Tamper Protection on your operating devices.
This article will highlight the features of Norton Product Tamper Protection along with the guidance to enable or disable this security feature. If you have any other query related to Norton, you can visit its official website that goes by the URL norton.com/setup.
How can you prevent unauthorized changes to your Norton Security settings?
For preventing unauthorized changes to your Norton security settings, you have to turn on or enable the “Settings Password Protection along with Norton Tamper Protection”.
- Settings Password Protection: This feature enables you to set a password for viewing or changing the device security settings.
- Norton Tamper Protection: With this feature, you can check the modifications in the Norton settings taken place by unknown or suspicious apps.
In case you wish to turn off the “Norton Product Tamper Protection” temporarily, then you can disable the same for a specific duration.
Note:- You will not be able to run the “System Restore” on your computer when Norton Product Tamper Protection is enabled or switched on. For this, you can always disable Norton Product Tamper temporarily for running a successful System Restore.
Steps to enable or disable the Norton Tamper Protection
- In the first step, you have to click on the Norton icon, on the screen to launch the security software.
- You have to click on the “Settings” option that is visible in the Norton product’s main window.
- You have to click on the “Administrative Settings that are present in the Settings window.
- Click on the “Product Security” option and then you have to click on the “On/Off” switch to turn off or turn on the Norton Product Tamper Protection feature.
- You have to click on the “Apply” option.
- You have to select the duration, here you have to mention what will be the time duration you want to turn off the Norton Tamper Protection feature.
- On you have entered the time duration; you have to click on the “OK” option.
- In this step, you have to go to the “Settings window” and then click on the “Close” option.
Note:- In case you are still cannot enable or disable the Norton Tamper Protection feature on your devices by following the steps mentioned above, then it is recommended to get in touch with the Norton Customer Support assistant or you can post your queries on Norton official website that goes by the URL www.norton.com/setup.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is important to acknowledge Norton Product Tamper Protection as one of the most relevant features of Norton. The process to enable or disable the Norton Product Tamper Protection has been already discussed in the passage above. If you face any difficulty and issues related to same, you can get in touch with the Customer support assistant via a toll-free number that is available on norton.com/setup.