Norton.com/setup – Whenever we surf the web, we go through many different web pages and come across various types of ads and links. But the question is, do we think even for a second before we click on these links. If no, then it is high time that you start doing so in order to protect your online identity. Today, we make use of many online platforms to accomplish our everyday tasks, such as making online transactions, buying things and so on. For doing this, we have to share our personal information on these platforms along with our financial details.
Recently, we came across many events when it was found out that our systems were hacked and our data was stolen. The only thing we can do is deploy Norton setup on our devices via Norton.com/setup and curtail the chances of getting hacked. Since Norton is equipped with high-tech features, you will not regret purchasing it. Some of the highlighting features of Norton along with the steps to download, install and activate it are mentioned in the following sections.
Highlighting features of Norton Security
- Protects your devices from “zero-day” attacks
- Looks for the presence of unsafe files and programs and warns you about these so that you can take appropriate action against it
- The all-new SONAR Behavioral Protection feature hints you about the future threats that might hit your PC
- its auto-update feature allows automatic download of important products and also installs the updates on its own
- Moreover, it warns you of the distrustful websites whenever you try to visit one
- Your mailbox remains free from unwanted threats and fake emails that are sent by scammers for the purpose of identity theft.
- Norton’s Password Manager of norton fulfills all your password needs such as remembering your password and entering it automatically.
System requirements for Norton setup
- Operating systems
Microsoft Windows 10 (except Windows 10 S)
Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions).
Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions)
For Windows 10/8/7: 1 GHz
For Windows 10: 2 GB because 512 MB is required for Recovery tool
For Windows 8/7: 1 GB
- Hard disk space
300 MB of available hard disk space
- Supported Browsers
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
Mozilla Firefox (32-bit and 64-bit)2
Google Chrome (32-bit and 64-bit)2
Microsoft Edge 2
Easy steps to Setup Norton Antivirus
To setup Norton antivirus on your device, you need to go through a process that involves three various stages- download, install and activate.
5 Steps to download Norton
- First of all, you have to “Sign In” to your account from the norton.com/setup page. If you do not have an account, click on the “Create an Account” option to link an account with Norton.
- When you are taken to the “Get Started” page, click on the option that reads as “Download Norton”.
- Now, click on “Enter a new product key” to continue the Norton downloading process.
- After entering the product key, click on the “go” arrow which looks like (>).
- In the end, choose your Norton product and click on the “Agree & Download” option available under your product.
4 Steps to install Norton
- When your Norton product gets downloaded, right-click on the .exe files.
- After this, click on the “Install” button.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) window appears, hit the “continue” option.
- When the product gets installed, continue to the activation process.
4 Steps to activate Norton
- When the Norton icon appears on your screen, click twice on it.
- Now, tap on the “open” option.
- When you are taken to a new window, hit the option that reads as “Activate Now”.
- Now, type the 25-digit product in the “product key” field and click “Next”.
Now that you have activated your Norton product, start using it for scanning and removal of threats, viruses, and Trojans from your device.
Want to turn off Automatic-Renewal service? Do it now
Turning off the Auto-Renewal service allows you to stop future billing and renewal of your service and for this, you have to follow the steps mentioned below. You may also disable the service if you have got a new product and need to cancel the service on a previous product. Before turning off the service one must note that he has to manually renew the subscription before it expires. To do so:
- The first thing you need to do is sign in to your Norton account.
- Now, look for the “My Subscription” tab which is available next to your downloaded product.
- After this, move the slider towards “Off” which is available against the “Automatic Renewal” option.
- Now, you have to provide a reason for doing so.
- After selecting your reason from the drop-down menu, click on the “Continue” option.
- Once again, click on the “Turn Off” option.
- To resolve more queries regarding this, hit the “Call Me” option.
You have successfully opted-out of the renewal service and you have to manually renew the subscription when it expires next time.
Now your device is successfully secured and protected with high-tech Norton security. It is recommended to keep the Norton product updated by installing the updates from Norton.com/setup. For more help, you can go to the “Blog” section of the official website:- https://my.norton.com/home/setup.